From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] strange error when trying to start network
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:50:22
1 Hi. I have a network cardwhich I am trying to start and it has worked
2 before, but today when I tried to start the card, I get the following:
3 RTNETLINK answers: file exists. I notice that its not building the
4 default route.
5
6 Here are its configs using baselayout2 and openrc 5.2-r1
7
8 config_eth1="67.62.15.196 netmask 255.255.255.0 "
9 routes_eth1="default via 67.62.15.1"
10
11 I had default gw in the routes, but it seemed to say that if mo module
12 was specified iproute2 was used so I changed to default via, but no joy.
13
14 Any assistance would be appreciated.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici