From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stop and continue emerge -e world
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:27:26
1 On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:09:29 +0000, Unknown wrote:
2
3 > > > 2) If I do this, will be the system usable after reboot? (some of
4 > > > packages compiled with gcc-3.3.6 and other with gcc-3.4.5)
5 > >
6 > > With this I still need your help... :)
7 > >
8 > wouldnt say it is possible, unless u have hibernaton enabled, which
9 > probably is not in your case. besides emerge --resume only resumes not
10 > downloaded fully files from internet to be downloaded...
11
12 Not so. emerge --resume restarts the previous emerge process, even after
13 a reboot, exactly as Petr needs.
14
15 I doubt the fact that some packages are compiled with one GCC and others
16 with a different one is going to cause a problem, especially as you'll
17 carry on with the recompiling after the reboot. Even if you don't reboot,
18 your system will be running with a mixture of 3.3/3.4-compiled packages
19 during the emerge.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 When puns are outlawed only outlaws will have puns.