From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with Adobe flash
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 03:11:49
1 Typically, when I try to watch a short movie from a general news site,
2 it stops quickly with an error message : it seems not to download fast enough.
3 I assumed this was a problem with Adobe flash (all versions),
4 but on the Mageia system I also have installed in the same machine
5 there's no problem at all : downloading goes much faster & completes
6 & the movies -- news or historical -- are shown in full.
7
8 In both systems, the binary is /usr/bin/flash-player-properties ;
9 Gentoo has /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
10 & /etc/adobe/mms.cfg (which seems to be all about security),
11 both of which are absent or installed elsewhere by Mageia.
12
13 Can anyone suggest what's going wrong with Adobe flash on Gentoo ?
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca