From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Could not emerge "app-crypt/gnupg-1.4.2-r2" due to new kernel being emerged too
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:55:20
1 Jules Colding schreef:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Todays "emerge -vauDN world" failed with gnupg not being emerged. The
5 > reason seems to be that I am emerging a new kernel too. This new
6 > kernel has obviously not been configured/build yet which makes gnupg
7 > unable to find .config in "/usr/src/linux/". I expect this problem to
8 > go away when the new kernel is up and running. emerge output below.
11 > Best regards, jules
14 Or, you could just change the /usr/src/symlink back to your
15 currently-configured kernel, emerge gnupg, then change it (the symlink)
16 back to point at the new, unconfigured kernel.
17
18 I take it you're using the 'symlink' USE flag, which does this
19 automatically. I usually do too, and had a similar problem with a
20 different program just a week or two ago. Fortunately, I noticed that it
21 was going to happen before the emerge proceeded (I was getting a new
22 kernel, and upgrading the ati-drivers package, which I know must compile
23 against a configured kernel), so I just disabled the 'symlink' USE flag
24 for the new, about-to-be-downloaded kernel *only* (and learned that you
25 can manage specific versions of an app in /etc/portage/package.use), so
26 that the symlink was not changed, and the ati-drivers emerged normally
27 against my current, configured kernel.
28
29 Then I manually redirected the /usr/src/linux symlink to the new,
30 uncompiled kernel for the later kernel upgrade. So I only had to do the
31 redirect once, and it all worked out fine. Of course I had to re-emerge
32 the ati-drivers, but that's normal anyway when upgrading a kernel.
33
34 Holly
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list