From: Haaribaer <haaribaer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Keyboard problem with Gnome 2.10.1
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:27:18
1 Hallo,
2
3 i am getting crazy with my actual Problem: When i log in (from gdm) into
4 gnome 2.10.1 as standard user, my keyboard doesn't work. Every keypress
5 is recognized. In xterm for example the cursor gets white if i press any
6 key, but no chars are typed in. BUT when i log in as root, all works
7 fine. Even in xscreensaver the keyboard works for the user, but it
8 doesn't work in xterm, firefox, gedit, evolution, and so on...
9
10 I hope somebody has got any idea what could cause this strange
11 behaviour. I have checked the Xorg-configuaration but hadn't found any
12 errors. I am getting crazy about it!!
13
14 CTRL-ALT-F[1-6] for changing to the consoles also works as user AND as
15 root. So i think it must be a problem in gnome-config, but i don't know
16 where. I tried all config-Items but didn't find a solution. Furthermore
17 i couldn't find help in the news-groups! :-(
18
19 Much thanks for your help & greetings from Cologne
20
21 Markus
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list