From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub2: need the output of vbeinfo to be able to read the output of vbeinfo
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 17:27:44
1 meino.cramer@×××.de schrieb am 20.10.2013 19:17:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just migrated to grub2 which works fine thanks to the good
5 > Gentoo docs! :)
6 >
7 > But...
8 >
9 > I need to increase the resolution of the boot screen to
10 > see what is going on there.
11 > The docs say, that with the command "vbeinfo" from the grub
12 > console I can see the valid modes of my grpahics card.
13 > Now...the current resolution of the grub console compbined
14 > with the unfortunate sorting of the output of vbeinfo I am
15 > currently only able to read the last entries of this realy
16 > long list.
17 > Therefore...I need the whole output of vbeinfo to set the
18 > console resulotion that way, so I will be able to read the
19 > output of vbeinfo....
20 >
21 > deadlock?
22 >
23 > Nice things like 'less' or such are not available....
24 >
25 > What can I do?
28 Try this:
29 set pager=1