From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: journald refuses to put log files in /var/log/journal/ [NOT SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 18:42:43
1 On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> I don't understand everything about that message, but it seems to imply
4 >> that systemd may think that the local filesystems are not mounted(?)
5 >>
6 >> Could this be causing my journald problem, maybe?
7 >
8 > Where is lvm.service coming from? I suspect it is causing the ordering cycle.
11 It doesn't mean that systemd thinks they aren't mounted - it means it
12 isn't trying to mount them before launching journald. That might
13 include not remounting root as read-write if your kernel is mounting
14 it read-only (in the absence of an initramfs). I'd have to look at
15 the units to see if that is part of that unit.
18 Rich