From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mount and write ntfs (natively)
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 05:46:13
1 On Wednesday 09 August 2006 06:03, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > I'm seeing stuff on line that indicates it is now possible to write to
3 > ntfs formated disk from linux (at least semi-reliably).
4 >
5 > I'd like to delete a few directories and files that the windows xp OS
6 > sees as `system files' and will not allow them to be deleted.
7 (...)
8 >
9 > Can anyone guide me on this?
10
11 AFAIK because it's "semi-reliable" most (every?) distribution does not
12 activate write acces on NTFS.
13
14 I do also have a Windows installation for Video Processing. I went another way
15 and purchased xplite (www.litepc.com) that gives you access to many more
16 control than just deleting system files.
17
18 Note that I imagine that most things could be managed if we knew what to
19 change where in the registry, but I don't want to digg into that.
20
21 Thierry
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list