From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Same version in portage and overlay, how to mask?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:39:30
1 If I have identically named packages with the *same* version number in the
2 portage tree and in an overlay, how do I mask the overlay version without
3 deleting the overlay?
4
5 I have kde-testing enabled to get koffice:2, but some packages conflict with
6 portage, like kscreensaver:
7
8 [I] kde-base/kscreensaver
9 Available versions:
10 (3.5) 3.5.9 (~)3.5.10
11 (4.2) (~)4.2.1 (~)4.2.1[1] [M](~)4.2.2[1]
12
13 This one isn't too bad, but recently kdelibs did this and mixing overlay with
14 KDE is never a good idea. I can fiddle with PORTDIR_OVERLAY and
15 local/layman/make.conf but layman tends to undo my changes.
16
17 So how can I mask just a specific ebuild from a specific overlay?
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com