From: Patrick May <patrick@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help finding a tv tuner card's chipset
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:45:22
1 I missed this thread earlier, so pardon me commenting to the OP so far down
2 the thread.
3
4 > > > On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:00:33 -0500, forgottenwizard wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > > > BTW, if anyone knows of a cheap tuner card (<50US preferably) that
7 > > > > is decent and works with either PCI/USB/AGP, I would love to know.
8
9 I'm currently using an air2pc card I picked up on eBay. I believe I paid
10 around $20-30US. It pulls in all OTA ATSC signals just fine. I can't speak for
11 it's abilities to work with QAM (Cable.) I'm controlling it with MythTV.
12
13 Though I do recommend a decent processor. I used to run an Athlon 850MHz and
14 it could not keep up with an HD (1080i, etc) signal. It will dump the stream
15 to disk, just not display it (slow, pauses, etc.)
16
17 Patrick