From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: remove xorg-server to emerge nvidia-glx <=Normal?
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:58:36
1 "Calvin Walton" <calvin.walton@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Unfortunately, if you've already installed xorg 7.1, it's really hard
4 > to downgrade.
5 > Perhaps you can find some help from someone else on doing that, I've
6 > make a local overlay ebuild without the block because it was working
7 > for me.
8
9 Pavel appears to be suggesting that I un-emerge the current
10 xorg-server. Then install the nvidia stuff and then using his
11 package.mask, reinstall xorg-server.
12
13 Do you think that will lead to troubles? I'm going to close down X
14 and try it...
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list