From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the most secure shared network system? Coda/NFSv4/others?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:22:54
1 On Sunday 29 October 2006 06:48, 张韡武 <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] the most secure shared network system?
3 Coda/NFSv4/others?':
4 > Hello. My purpose of using a network file system is to back up my web
5 > server. For some special reason the backup application I am using need
6 > to directly access a mounted network file system rather then using a SSH
7 > connection.
8 >
9 > For me, security is the biggest concern. [W]hat is
10 > the best network file system for me?
11
12 I would go with AFS, but that entails setting up Kerberos, which might be
13 more work that you feel like performing.
16 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
17 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
18 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
19 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh