From: Tim <root@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what about Xen finally?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:19:23
1 Steen Eugen Poulsen wrote:
2 > Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby skrev:
3 >> I have a computer with a intel 4965 wireless chipset on which I want to
4 >> run Xen and only use ebuilds.
5 >
6 > Think I'm missing something here. Xen is in, as masked ebuilds, but it's
7 > there.
8 >
9 >> So, I need a recent gentoo kernel (some 2.6.22 but I dont know which
10 >> exactly). I really want to use only ebuilds.
11 >
12 > Xen-sources doesn't go as high as .22 yet in the portage tree. The
13 > newest one is .20, but that should be okay for most people.
14 >
15 Xen actually made it in to the .23 mainline kernel, and should therefore
16 be seen in sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.23* (if you feel like waiting a
17 little longer). Otherwise, use xen-sources and the xen ebuilds.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list