From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mesa build failure
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 04:24:14
1 On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Friday 26 June 2009 21:05:01 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> So the weirdness continues. mesa built but then xorg-server failed
4 >> with the same failure:
7 >>  * >>> SetUID: [chmod go-r] /usr/bin/Xorg ...
8 >>                        [ ok ]
9 >>
10 >> Switching to xorg-x11 OpenGL interface...ln: creating symbolic link
11 >> `./libglx.so': File exists
12 >> !!! Error: Failed to create /lib/libglx.so
13 >
14 > Looks like you have a file collision between xorg-server and mesa, which is
15 > odd as those packages get a lot of testing.
16 >
17 > Anything on bugs.gentoo.org?
20 Unfortunately it seem that there are bug reports on this and more
21 unfortunately they have apparently been going on nearly a year now.
22 It's not a Gentoo thing specifically as there are Ubuntu, Debian and
23 other distros with reports in their forums.
24
25 There was a possible by hand fix for it but I'll need to look at that
26 over the weekend to see if it makes sense on this machine.
27
28 Bummer. I hate banging my head up against a wall made of problems no
29 one seems to be fixing.
30
31 http://bugs.gentoo.org/247685
32