From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EFI install ( continum) [ system hangs at boot ]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:50:17
1 On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:23:42 -0500, German wrote:
2
3 > > > Ok gentooers. I did manage to install gentoo on EFI, it boots,
4 > > > however hangs at "Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount
5 > > > root fs on unknown-block ( 0,0)"
6 > > >
7 > > > Does anyone have an idea what is going on?
8 > >
9 > > The kernel cannot find the block device containing your root
10 > > filesystem. Either you have given the wrong root= option to the kernel
11 >
12 > Where is this given? Can you elaborate?
13
14 After the kernel name if you are using GRUB or Gummiboot. If you are
15 directly loading the kerne you probably have to compile it into the
16 kernel with CONFIG_CMDLINE.
17
18 > > not compiled in the driver for your hard disk driver.
19 >
20 > I am using SSD Patriot Blaze. Is it also should be compiled somewhere
21 > in the kernel? Why is the system boots at all?
22
23 It's the controller that needs to be compile in, which is usually AHCI
24 these days. This is covered in the kernel section of the handbook.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.