From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mobo/proc combination
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:05:34
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > I wish mine would die, then I could justify an upgrade ;) Maybe it
3 > will have an ... accident!
4
5 Just spill a little coffe and you should be all set :)
6
7 > I just bought an Pentium D 830 (Dual core 3.0 GHz, seems nicely fast
8 > :) for a friend's upgrade. It went with an Asrock 775 Twins-HDTV
9 > mobo - a nice array of features but I don't know about linux support
10 > b/c they're windows only users...
11
12 Thanks for the info, I will look into that mobo support for Linux.
13
14 > Whatever you do, don't go HT. It's not worth the effort.
15
16 By HT do you mean AMD 64 Hyper-Transport or Pentium Hyper-Threading?
17
18 Thanks for the info,
19
20 Jim