From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems debugging a systemd problem
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 05:10:16
1 Hi folks. I spent a very frustrating time last night trying to figure
2 out why my systemd would not boot using systemd. I am using dracut and
3 its version is 041r2. Now what was happening is that the system would
4 get to the pre-init-queue -- and I even set the rd.break there, but
5 after that the system would not boot -- when I used debug it endlessly
6 said calling setl forever. Now it turned out that the problem was that
7 I had mistyped an rd.lv= line -- instead of ssd-files/usr I had
8 ssd-files/-usr . Now, what I would like to know is how could I tell
9 that it was trying to look for a non-existent lv? At the point of the
10 break. no lvm volumes were active, although strangely enough I saw a
11 e2fsck for the real root file system which was an lvm volume. I am
12 finding its generally hard to debug systemd problems, several other
13 times the system just sat there till I figured it out some other way.
14
15 Any observations on this would be appreciated, but I don't want to get
16 into a flame war, I just want to minimize the down time.
19 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 How do
21 you spend it?
22
23 John Covici