From: Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mutt question
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 04:40:38
1 * David H. Askew <dhaskew@×××××××××.net> [07/08/05 02:12]:
2 >
3 > whenever I send an email with mutt to a mailing list, (like I am now),
4 > and I receive a copy of my own post, mutt displays the From: information
5 > different for my emails
6 >
7 > example:
8 >
9 > 421 F Aug06 To dhaskew@eart test
10 >
11 > I have set realname="myrealname" set in my .muttrc ....
12 >
13 > is this a feature ?
14
15 Yes, it is. The idea is that usually you know you've sent the message,
16 and it is more useful to see who you sent it to. This is controlled by
17 the 'index_format' option. You probably have an %F there. You can change
18 to %f or %n if you don't like it.
19
20 Moshe
21 >
22 > can I make these emails look like the others ? ... with proper names
23 >
24 > any help would be appreciated ...
28 > --
29 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
33 I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
34 -- Douglas Adams
35
36 Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il>
37 Home: 08-9456841