From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power button to shutdown for openrc? [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 09:28:21
1 There's a million ways a system can hang.  Acpi is a mechanism for
2 shipping kernel events to user space.  If user space isn't working, acpi
3 won't work.   I think.
6 On 11/17/19 09:44, Dale wrote:
7 > n952162 wrote:
8 >>
9 >> okay, I've got ...
10 >>
11 >> acpid is, by default, not in the default openrc run list [:blush:]
12 >>
13 >> Solution:
14 >>
15 >>     sudo rc-update add acpid