From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: experience with rsnapshot
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 06:06:30
1 On 2011-11-24, Albert W. Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 19:26 -0500, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> I am using rdiff-backup which is no longer maintained, but still seems
4 >> to work, but I was thinking to use rsnapshot instead which seems like
5 >> a
6 >> nice way to do this, but this seems not to have been maintained for a
7 >> while, either, so I was wondering if anyone is using it and how it
8 >> works
9 >> for you?
10 >
11 > I use good ole' rsync, together with a couple of scripts.
12
13 You've pretty much just described rsnapshot. :)
14
15 > It does the hard link-style incrementals and I can do a
16 > near-bare-metal restore. From that. rsync is still maintained afaik.
17
18 rsnapshot is a Perls script that uses rsync to do hard-link
19 incremental backups.
22 Grant