From: Chris Bare <chris@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] BIND 9.3.2 won't start
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:20:29
1 I just upgraded to BIND 9.3.2 and now when I try:
2
3 /etc/init.d/named start
4
5 it says:
6
7 * WARNING: "named" has already been started.
8
9 I used to have this problem before, so I checked my notes and saw this is what
10 I did to fix it:
11 oberon log # mkdir /var/run/named
12 oberon log # chmod 700 /var/run/named
13 oberon log # chown named /var/run/named
14
15 but I checked and that directory is already there and empty.
16
17 If I start named by hand, it works fine, so this is a glitch in the init
18 scripts somewhere. Before I try digging through the many layers of init
19 scripts, has anyone seen this and figured it out already?
22 Chris Bare
23 chris@××××××××.com
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list