From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.keywords syntax?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:57:24
1 On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
2 <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > It seems you did not get the point. To attribute a floating point
4 > number to an integer variable is perfectly valid, depending on the
5 > specific program. The compiler normally does not even warn about
6 > this, as this is perfectly valid (from my testing, the compiler only
7 > warns if you are using gcc 4.3, and specify -Wconversion, an option
8 > that is not included in -Wall and not even in -Wextra).
9
10 Yes, you are right. I was doing what some people would like to call
11 speaking out of my ass :) C++ compiled with gcc does give you a
12 warning with -Wall. I just assumed that C did the same, its been some
13 time since I coded pure C.
14
15 Regards
16 Dirk