From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading from 2005 S1 to 2008.0?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:55:35
1 Douglas J Hunley wrote:
2 > Is it possible to upgrade an existing 2005 S1 install to 2008.0? I gave it a
3 > quick try and ran into multiple issues. Before I expend hrs trying to make it
4 > work, does anyone know if it's an exercise in futility or not? Thx
8 If it were me, I would save the world file, /rtc and /home and just
9 reinstall. There are several updates that would be pretty extensive and
10 tedious to say it lightly. I think in the long run, a reinstall would
11 be much faster and easier.
12
13 Giving a little more thought, maybe you should not even save much of
14 /etc either. The make.conf file may be OK but I suspect there are huge
15 changes to everything else too.
16
17 My $0.02 worth.
18