From: Dave S <gentoo@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT KDE remote share ?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:22:11
1 I am giving KDE a go after being a long term fluxbox-er. I have a NFS
2 hdd on my other machine which I mount with 'mount /mnt/archive' as root.
3
4 I right clicked, behaviors, device icons and ticked a curiously named
5 'Mounted NFS share' and 'Unmounted NFS share'
6
7 I get an icon 'Mounted Share 192.168.0.6', which when I selected its
8 properties and gave it a name of NFS - it shot multiple progress windows
9 up - I canceled everything in a hurry !
10
11 Also if I click it, i get a konqueror with the title 'media:/' and an
12 overview of all my drives, not really what I want.
13
14 What is a mounted 'share', its obviously not just the NFS partition and
15 why do things go crazy when I try and rename it ?
18 Dave
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list