From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Router/Firewall strangeness
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:50:23
1 > > > # ls -l
2 > >
3 > > notice in /usr/src/linux, you have much fewer files (not dirs), than
4 > > you do on your laptop. Something deleted them.
5 > >
6 > > The vmlinux, Module.symvers, and System.map are all generated files.
7 > > So it looks like something deleted those files while your kernel was
8 > > being compiled?
9 > >
10 > > Very, very odd.
11 >
12 > I ran memtest86 about 1.5 times and there were no errors, but I
13 > couldn't boot a 2007.0 LiveCD with "gentoo-nofb nox". The screen
14 > filled up with:
15 >
16 > cp: Error: No space left on device
17 >
18 > I have 64MB memory on that system. I guess it filled up?
19 >
20 > - Grant
21
22 Same problem reported here with 192MB:
23
24 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-559647.html
25
26 Seems weird there would be a bug like that after 7 months. I'm going
27 to try 2006.1 and Knoppix.
28
29 - Grant
30 --