From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DHCP on my wireless card
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 12:10:30
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Alex Prinsier wrote:
5 > How sure are you that wpa_supplicant is able to connect to your access
6 > point? It can only do ip stuff (like acquiring an ip) once it's
7 > connected (associated) to your ap.
8 >
9 > Run wpa_gui to verify.
10
11 I am very sure that it is able, since after calling dhcpcd eth1 manually
12 I can browse the internet and do other networky type things. wpa_gui
13 gives the status 4_WAY_HANDSHAKE until I give this command manually, and
14 then it says ASSOCIATED. Interestingly enough, however, I frequently
15 see Last Message as "Diconnected" for a very brief period, and then it
16 will say "Associated with <MAC address>"
17
18 Another strange thing that I have noticed is that when I try to ping my
19 laptop from another machine, it sometimes works and sometimes does not.
20 It seems that using the laptop to ping the other machine first helps
21 for some reason, but that may also just be coincidence.
22