From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone seeing tons of build errors while compiling sys-devel/autogen ?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 12:49:12
1 On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 09:22:25AM -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > In fact they are really errors, not warnings. It doesn't build to the end.
3 > But that's something weird, the compilation don't stop at the first error.
4 >
5 > Here is the set of files recommended in such cases, including the build
6 > log, environment, etc.:
7
8 Please attach logs and extra information directly to the e-mail, compressing if
9 necessary. Google Drive is very inconvenient for those not running a windowing
10 environment.
11
12 > [G. Drive link clipped] - they are just plain text files, just the build log
13 > contains escape characters to show colors in a terminal.
14
15 You can use `app-text/ansifilter` to remove those if the command doesn't support
16 a "no colour" argument (such as the `script` utility). Example usage (-T outputs
17 control-code-free text): `ansifilter -i infile -o outfile -T`. The same tool can
18 also output (La)TeX, H.T.M.L., and various other rich formats; it has a very
19 comprehensive man page.
20
21 > I suppose I should fill out a bug report.
22
23 Yes, please do. Looking at your logs, something is seriously wrong.
27 Ashley Dixon
28 suugaku.co.uk
31 DA96 D18A
32 8A7B B0D2