From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Commenting out multiple lines in vim
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:54:24
1 On Fri, February 13, 2009 1:37 pm, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:24:34AM +0100, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
4 >
5 >> True, but with this method, you don't use the mouse, just the keyboard:
6 >> 1) Go to first line
7 >
8 > Press gg
9
10 Actually meant going to first line of block you want to comment out
13 >> 2) Press <CTRL>+V
14 >> 3) go to last line
15 >
16 > Press G
17
18 Ditto, but last line of what you want to comment out
21 >> 4) Press <ESC>
22 >
23 > Why this stage ?
24
25 Oops, typo...
28 >> 5) Press <SHIFT>+I
29 >> 6) Press '#'
30 >> 7) Press <ESC>
31 >>
32 >> On my system I then need to move the cursor to actually see the change,
33 >> is
34 >> this normal?
35 >
36 > I don't have to here with vim72 or gvim. However, I have no idea of how
37 > to fix this.
38
39 I use vim-7.2 as well. Could easily be because it needs that to do a
40 redraw of the screen.
41 It's a minor annoyance which I can live with. And as I am the only one
42 facing this, I don't see the point of raising a bug-report for it.
45 Joost