From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Stupid init thingy. It's on my nerve, again.
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 23:55:11
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm going to try to keep my cool but ya know. I built me a updated
4 kernel, 3.18.9 to be more precise. A few weeks ago dracut was updated.
5 It went to version dracut-041. Well, it wouldn't build anything. It
6 spit out a bunch of stuff about not finding things that I know is
7 installed such as lvm2. Example below:
8
9 === Sat Mar 14 16:58:16 CDT 2015 ===
10
11 I: Executing: /usr/bin/dracut -H --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1
12 I: dracut module 'bootchart' will not be installed, because command
13 '/sbin/bootchartd' could not be found!
14 I: dracut module 'dash' will not be installed, because command
15 '/bin/dash' could not be found!
16 I: dracut module 'modsign' will not be installed, because command
17 'keyctl' could not be found!
18 I: dracut module 'network' will not be installed, because command
19 'dhclient' could not be found!
20 I: dracut module 'plymouth' will not be installed, because command
21 'plymouthd' could not be found!
22 I: dracut module 'plymouth' will not be installed, because command
23 'plymouth' could not be found!
24 I: dracut module 'btrfs' will not be installed, because command 'btrfs'
25 could not be found!
26 I: dracut module 'crypt' will not be installed, because command
27 'cryptsetup' could not be found!
28 I: dracut module 'dmraid' will not be installed, because command
29 'dmraid' could not be found!
30 I: dracut module 'multipath' will not be installed, because command
31 'multipath' could not be found!
32 I: dracut module 'cifs' will not be installed, because command
33 'mount.cifs' could not be found!
34 I: dracut module 'fcoe-uefi' will not be installed, because command
35 'dcbtool' could not be found!
36 I: dracut module 'fcoe-uefi' will not be installed, because command
37 'fipvlan' could not be found!
38 I: dracut module 'fcoe-uefi' will not be installed, because command
39 'lldpad' could not be found!
40 I: dracut module 'iscsi' will not be installed, because command
41 'iscsistart' could not be found!
42 I: dracut module 'iscsi' will not be installed, because command
43 'iscsi-iname' could not be found!
44 I: 95nfs: Could not find any command of 'rpcbind portmap'!
45 I: dracut module 'biosdevname' will not be installed, because command
46 'biosdevname' could not be found!
47 I: dracut module 'masterkey' will not be installed, because command
48 'keyctl' could not be found!
49 E: dracut module 'lvm2' cannot be found or installed.
52 Now after all that, it just stops and doesn't build a init thingy.
53 Nothing gets added to /boot. So, I go back to version 034-r4 and it
54 works as it should, and has before. Example:
55
56 === Sat Mar 14 18:23:25 CDT 2015 ===
57
58 I: Executing: /usr/bin/dracut --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1.img
59 E: dracut module 'lvm2' cannot be found or installed.
60 E: dracut module 'fstab-sys' cannot be found or installed.
61 E: dracut module 'lvm2' cannot be found or installed.
62 E: dracut module 'fstab-sys' cannot be found or installed.
63 I: *** Including module: bash ***
64 I: *** Including module: i18n ***
65 I: *** Including module: kernel-modules ***
66 I: *** Including module: resume ***
67 I: *** Including module: rootfs-block ***
68 I: *** Including module: terminfo ***
69 I: *** Including module: udev-rules ***
70 I: Skipping udev rule: 91-permissions.rules
71 I: Skipping udev rule: 80-drivers-modprobe.rules
72 I: *** Including module: usrmount ***
73 I: *** Including module: base ***
74 I: *** Including module: fs-lib ***
75 I: *** Including module: shutdown ***
76 I: *** Including modules done ***
77 I: *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware ***
78 I: *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware done ***
79 I: *** Resolving executable dependencies ***
80 I: *** Resolving executable dependencies done***
81 I: *** Stripping files ***
82 I: *** Stripping files done ***
83 I: *** Creating image file ***
84 I: *** Creating image file done ***
87 That version at least builds the init thingy for me to use. So,
88 question. Why is the old version working but the new version isn't?
89 Why is it not finding lvm2 when I know it is installed because
90 everything but /boot and / is on lvm? Why does it seem like I went
91 through this once before?
92
93 Thanks.
94