From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh login, passing local user environment
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 09:56:45
1 On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 05:04:38 -0400,
2 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >
4 > On Saturday, October 24, 2020 11:05:45 PM CET thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5 > > If I login from the command "ifconfig" now works from command line at
6 > > the terminal but if I login over "ssh", "ifconfig" is not working only
7 > > "/bin/ifconfig"
8 > >
9 > > I was thinking it is the option in sshd_config: PermitUserEnvironment
10 > > but enabling it didn't help.
11 >
12 > Which USE-flags did you use for ssh?
13 >
14 > # eix net-misc/openssh
15 >
16 > should provide this.
17 >
18 > Also, do you have the following in your sshd_config:
19 >
20 > " UsePAM yes "
21 >
22 > This is normally used to configure the environment as well.
23
24 The simplest thing is to change your path environment variable in your
25 .bashsrc so its always the same, no matter what the user is, that
26 would solve your problem.
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici wb2una