From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Audio Equalizer for a DAC ?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 12:56:44
1 Hi,
2
3 Finally I got a FIIO E10K DAC running with my Gentoo Linux and ALSA.
4
5 Alsamixer displays a volume slider for PCM only. I can play several
6 audio sources - so far so nice.
7
8 Then I installed media-plugins/alsaequal, which installs fine.
9
10 I changed my .asoundrc to:
11
12 ctl.equal {
13 type equal;
14 }
15
16 pcm.plugequal {
17 type equal;
18 slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
19 }
20
21 pcm.equal {
22 type plug;
23 slave.pcm plugequal;
24 }
25
26 (alsamixer displays the DAC as soundcard 0 - I have deactivated the
27 audio of the motherboard via BIOS settings)
30 Starting for example 'alsamixer -D equal' results in an error:
31
32 ALSA lib /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.2/work/alsa-lib-1.2.2/src/control/control.c:1379:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL equal
33 cannot open mixer: No such file or directory
34 [1] 5304 exit 1 alsamixer -D equal
35
36 ...seems logical to me, since I have only a volume slider in
37 alsamixer.
38
39 The FIIO establishes this USB device:
40
41 Bus 005 Device 002: ID 1852:7022 GYROCOM C&C Co., LTD DigiHug USB Audio
44 Does anyone on this list uses a FIIO E10K / E10 with Linux and got
45 more than a simple PCM/volume slider with alsamixer ?
46
47 Is there any equaliser software available, which processes the audio
48 data instead?
49
50 Is my configuration still incomplete?
51
52 Cheers!
53 Meino