From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: mobo and Ati video
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:31:38
1 On Wednesday 02 March 2011 16:21:46 james wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
3 > > > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102902
4 >
5 > OK
6 >
7 > > usb3 will work 3x charge won't. All those nifty tools won't work. The
8 > > bios fan control is ok - could be better. It likes to err on the higher
9 > > rpm side which means that the fans turn quicker than with fancontrol -
10 > > or Asus boards. On the other hand, GB boards do work unlike Asus.
11 >
12 > I like Asus too, but, GB is
13 > less cost and get's good reviews...
14 >
15 > thanks
16 > Volker...
19 > James
20
21 my last ASUS board was a very expensive piece of shit that:
22 loved not to boot at all
23 boot only after disconnecting it from the mains
24 boot only after resetting the bios
25 and at least 2crashs every day
26
27 since I changed that f*er for a 880GA-UD3H I haven't had any problems at all.
28 And the mobo was the only thing I changed.
29 The Asus drove the fans a lot lower than the GB, but I prefer my computers
30 non-crashy.