From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Printer recommendation
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:46:35
1 Marco schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I intend to buy a new printer and would like to get some
5 > recommendations/experiences from you (to be sure to get it working
6 > with Linux). Here is what I'd like:
7 > - B/W and Color printing
8 > - Network attached (LAN)
9 > - Mostly used for office documents / rare graphics printing
10 > - Reasonably priced refill cartridges
11 > - Price up to ~ 180 US$
12 >
13 > I am especially interested in your experience to get it working under Linux.
16 HP works mostly out-of-the-box (printing. Scanning ... not so much).
17 There's a reason that some companies have an HP-only policy.
18
19 I've also got a pretty old Kyocera. It comes with a cups-compatible
20 ppd-file. Works pretty well, too.