From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading 1-year old system
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 23:33:03
1 On 01/29/2017 02:43 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 01/29/2017 03:56 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> I haven't updated my system for over a year (1year and 3-months).
4 >> I was trying to upgrade my firefox-bin and I'm already running into problems.
7 > Ugh, you're in for it. The ncurses update requires --backtrack=100 or
8 > something like that. Independently, the ruby situation is a mess because
9 > ruby20 was masked at the same time as the RUBY_TARGETS flag, meaning
10 > that everyone's system immediately became inconsistent (installed
11 > packages depending on masked flag depending on masked dev-lang/ruby).
12 > You might be better off manually unmasking ruby:2.0 and
13 > USE=ruby_targets_ruby20 until this is over.
14 >
15 > Start at the top and "emerge -v1" things one at a time. If that doesn't
16 > work, start at the bottom and try it. Or go through your /var/db/pkg and
17 > see which one of those you can hit with an "emerge -1" successfully.
18 > Once you've gotten the list down a little bit, it might be easier to see
19 > what the blockers are.
20
21 Very sound advise, I'll deal with upgrading rubby 2.0 later on.
22 System is upgrading so it will take a while.
25 Thelma