From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] connections
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:39:28
1 On 9/2/05, John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > how can I setup my laptop to connect to apps like phpmyadmin on the local
4 > fileserver?
5 > both are running gentoo 2.6.12-r9 .
6 > vfs is setup and running, but when I try to connect from the laptop to the
7 > fileserver on other apps like
8 > phpmyadmin, I get "The connection was refused when attempting to contact
9 > 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1>"
10 > I'm using http://192.168.1.10/phpmyadmin in the browser, so it would
11 > appear
12 > as though the message is saying it's trying to connect to 'localhost'.
13 >
14 > I can't verify this at the moment as I'm not within reach of my network
15 but I do believe that you have a misconfiguration in either MyAdmin or
16 MySQL. Check your my.cnf first and make sure that the line skip-networking
17 is commented out.
18 BTW... By localhost it is most likely the server referring to itself not
19 your computer trying to connect back to itself.
20 -Mike
22 Michael E. Crute
23 Software Developer
24 SoftGroup Development Corporation
25
26 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
27 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"