From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unwelcomed non-native language support
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 11:11:35
1 2015-05-30 13:57 GMT+03:00 gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>:
2
3 >> I strongly suspect that the application doing the translating doesn't
4 >> even use gettext.
5 >
6 > May be, but I cannot think of a better explanation.
7 >
8 >> Besides which, I'm surprised you're not getting crashes from
9 >> applications not finding the gettext libraries, which points
10 >> to them not actually using it.
11 >
12 > Nothing crashed so far and this, in my view, proves that should not
13 > be an obligatory dependency for any package in my wold file.
14
15 Correction:
16
17 Nothing crashed so far and this, in my view, proves that should not
18 be an obligatory dependency *on gettext* for any package in my wold file.