From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Massive kmail breakage with mariadb-10.4.6
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 10:38:41
1 On Saturday, 22 June 2019 10:07:46 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello lists,
3 >
4 > Yesterday's routine update took mariadb from 10.3.16 to 10.4.6. When I came
5 > to look at my emails today, kmail couldn't do anything. To start with, it
6 > was stuck in an endless, looping attempt to display the current email. Then
7 > it couldn't archive the inbox, then it couldn't import from an archive. I
8 > couldn't even move an email from one folder to another. Akonadictl fsck and
9 > vacuum seemed to run but didn't improve anything. Even reverting to an old
10 > copy of my home directory didn't help.
11 >
12 > Eventually I noticed that mariadb had been upgraded, so I masked the latest
13 > version and reverted to the older one. Lo! and Behold! Kmail sprang back
14 > into life.
15
16 Today's update included dev-db/mysql-connector-c-6.1.11-r1 to -r2, so I tried
17 mariadb 10.4.6 again. No improvement.
20 Regards,
21 Peter.