From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Troubles with kde4
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:53:44
1 Hi all,
2 finally I decided to upgrade from kde3 to kde4. All went well, but:
3
4 1 - I am not able to fix the frequency of the display, neither using
5 nvidia-settings nor throught System-settings->Dislplay. Every time a
6 session starts I have to set it again (and this both as root and as user);
7
8 As user only and at the start of every session:
9
10 2 - I have to resize the dimension of the Panel;
11 3 - I have to enable the Compositing (desktop effects)
12
13 further
14
15 4 - I cannot mount a partition (both from command line and from desktop)
16 the answer is "Only root can mount a
17 device" (all permissions are the same as before)
18 5 - I am not able to become root (both in konsole and term) the answer
19 is "Authentication failed" (consolekit is
20 merged)
21
22 Thank you in advance.
23