From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Runlevels, ordering initscripts and running them in background
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:46:09
1 On 05/16/2012 01:40 AM, Ignas Anikevicius wrote:
2
3 > I want to do this, so that I do not have to wait while non-crucial
4 > services are being started
5
6 I can barely remember when I was young enough to care about saving
7 a few seconds. (But, good for you :)
8
9 Have you heard of systemd? Yet another evil conspiracy spawned by
10 Lennart Poettering, father of pulseaudio and scourge of old fossils
11 (like many of us here) who avoid any form of progress.
12
13 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd
14
15 My evil twin, Walter Dnes, has been agitating for systemd in this
16 mailing list for months. He actually knows how systemd works and
17 can be persuaded to... well, I expect he'll be along shortly to
18 tell you about it.