From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: using KDE
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 07:01:28
1 Am Tue, 27 Sep 2016 23:36:47 -0400
2 schrieb Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>:
3
4 > 160921 Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
5 > > On 21 September 2016 at 06:46, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
6 > > wrote:
7 > >> I've been a happy user of Fluxbox for many years,
8 > >> but am willing to see how well KDE 5 works in 2016 .
9 > > You should install plasma-desktop and use startkde in your
10 > > ~/.xinitrc .
11 >
12 > Thanks. I've been trying out KDE 5 for the past week
13 > & generally it's usable : it's about as quick to start as Fluxbox,
14 > given that it starts apps automatically, cursor movements seem
15 > smoother & some window expansions are a bit cleaner.
16 >
17 > However, I've discovered that it's not recognising the numeric pad
18 > keys : they simply have no effect, even as surplus cursor keys.
19 > There was a discussion in a forum in 2015 about this problem
20 > & it was traced back to a bug in Qt 5.5 , supposedly fixed in 5.6 .
21 > I'm using 5.6 , but the problem is still there.
22 >
23 > Has anyone else encountered this ? Are there any suggestions ?
24 > Yes, I use Numlockx & have tried all options in SystemSettings.
25 > The numeric pad works without difficulty in Fluxbox.
26
27 Maybe by accident you enabled to move the mouse with these keys? It's
28 somewhere in the system settings. I think there's also a hot key for
29 enabling it (which could explain why it's enabled by accident).
32 Regards,
33 Kai
34
35 Replies to list-only preferred.