From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox depends on rust??
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:58:26
1 On 06/23/2017 01:15 AM, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 >
3 > I tried to reference that in my post. I tried to install the packages
4 > that constitute the Haskell platform but cabal related utilities were
5 > still firing off on their own.
8 The dev-haskell/cabal libraries are used in the build system of most
9 haskell packages, but that portion is akin to the usual
10
11 ./configure && make && make install
12
13 and doesn't access the network. It only builds the source code that has
14 already been downloaded by portage.
15
16 If you're worried about this stuff (and have network namespace support
17 built-in to your kernel), you can set FEATURES="network-sandbox" in your
18 make.conf to prevent ebuilds from accessing the network. Then if any
19 package tries to do something fishy, it will fail.