From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reiserfsck failing.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:27:16
1 On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 13:10 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:02:53 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 > > Nothing critical stored there - mythtv recordings,
5 >
6 > Don't the MythTV folks advise against using ReiserFS for recordings? They
7 > recommend XFS.
8 >
9 They do - as I discovered when researching this problem. Though they
10 also say the problem may have been fixed as it was awhile ago - and this
11 system has been fine except for occasional minor problems from power
12 failures (such as burning power supplies :) since 2004-5 when it was
13 first built.
14
15 That being said, it would be nice to separate the recordings and backups
16 though one large partition makes for easier management. And there is
17 the fact that some maintenance patches to reiserfs mean I cant use
18 kernels 2.6.29-30 (oops's) - though a trial of a vanilla .31-rc worked
19 fine so I am waiting until thats out.
20
21 Anyhow, I am rambling - thanks for the pointers.
22
23 BillK