From: Istvan Pongracz <gentoo.macs@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVIDIA question
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:49:17
1 You forgot to rmmod nvidia && modprobe nvidia
2 Previous nvidia kernel driver was in the memory, that is why dmesg reported the
3 different versions.
4
5 István
6
7 Jorge Almeida írta:
8 > I upgraded nvidia-drivers from 1.0.8774 to 1.0.8776. Couldn't restart
9 > the X server. dmesg said the client and the kernel had unmatched
10 > versions (kernel with 1.0.8774). I did "modprobe nvidia".
11 > I ended up rebooting, and it works now.
12 > So, what went wrong? (I mean, a reboot shouldn't be necessary...) What
13 > must be done to make the kernel use the new module?
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list