From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} backups... still backups....
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:06:12
1 On 30/06/13 17:58, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 30.06.2013 01:42, schrieb Grant:
3 >
4 >> Can anyone think of an automated method that remotely and securely
5 >> backs up data from one system to another, preserves permissions and
6 >> ownership, and keeps the backups safe even if the backed-up system is
7 >> compromised?
8 >>
9 >> I did delve into bacula but decided it was overkill for just a few systems.
10 >
11 > I use amanda but it might be overkill for you as well. The initial
12 > learning curve is a bit steep but then it is reliable and rather easy to
13 > add ned systems.
14 >
15 > What about using duplicity? And that dupinanny-helper-script.
19 sounds something like bacula in that it uses hard links, but also is
20 much simpler. To restore, you just rsync the file/files/everything back
21 as needed. Can be automated (passwordless logins using certs) and
22 basicly just works (for quite a few years now!).
23
24 BillK
29 * app-backup/dirvish
30 Latest version available: 1.2.1