From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't figure out gcc-4.9 blocker
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 20:25:36
1 AFAICT, you are suddenly not allowed to have gcc 4.9 installed
2 alongside any older versions -- even though they're supposedly in
3 slots.
4
5 This is odd, because my system has had 4.9.whatever along with 3-4
6 older versions for some time and been perfectly happy.
7
8 So, I uninstalled gcc 4.9 and all older versions except 4.6.
9
10 I then removed 4.6 from the world file (but left it installed).
11
12 emerge is now happy and willing to upgrade gcc from 4.6 to 4.9 -- but
13 it can't: now the build of 4.9.3 is failing. It appears I can no
14 longer build _anything_.
15
16 My system seems to be well and truly borked.
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I want to kill
20 at everyone here with a cute
21 gmail.com colorful Hydrogen Bomb!!