From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Amdgpu-pro, anyone?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 16:22:36
1 Hello list,
2
3 Can anyone help me with installing the proprietary amdgpu-pro driver, please?
4
5 The open-source driver is running well, but it doesn't include OpenCL-2, which
6 I'd like to use for its GPU acceleration of floating-point BOINC calculations.
7
8 I used to have this running, but now all support seems to have been removed
9 from Gentoo sites. I may have used the guidance from Warwick University before
10 (I'm not sure), but that's gone too now.
11
12 I've downloaded the package from the AMD site; it contains 50-odd .deb files
13 and an installation script. I can't use the script directly, of course,
14 because it wants to install in a Ubuntu or Steam system.
17 Regards,
18 Peter.