From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerging meta packages and it's DEPENDS
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:35:24
1 Hi,
2
3 emerge <package> will remerge <package> regardless of it's state. Is
4 there a way to tell portage to do that for a package's DEPENDS as well?
5
6 I have 6 ebuilds I maintain myself, all are CVS checkout builds
7 with -9999 version numbers, call them packageA, packageB ... packageF.
8 To make my life easier I have a -meta package that DEPENDS on all 6 and
9 I would like to simply emerge the -meta package and have that cause the
10 direct DEPENDS to also be built everytime. Currently as they always
11 have a -9999 version number, this does not happen.
12
13 Does portage support what I want to do?
16 Alan McKinnon
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list