From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RE: Kernel Modules
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 03:04:47
1 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > Personally, I do some cherry-picking and enable a bashcomp when I found out I need it. I have 2 concerns (which may or may not be true):
3 >
4 > 1. It will make bash (or the whole system) slower
5 >
6 > 2. For some commands I *might* want the standard completion
7 >
8 > That results in a short list of 'essential' bashcomps that I enable this way:
9 >
10 > for m in $ESSENTIAL_BASHCOMP; do eselect bashcomp enable $m; done
11 >
12 > Shove that line (prepended by ESSENTIAL_BASHCOMP) into a script, save the script somewhere safe and retrievable, and everytime I need to enable the bashcomp modules, I'll just download the script and execute it :)
13 >
14 > Rgds,
15 > --
16 > FdS Pandu E Poluan
17 > ~ IT Optimizer ~
18 >
19 > Sent from Nokia E72-1
23 So far, I'm just enjoying not having to type so much. I'm not a great
24 typer anyway so the less I have to do the better.
25
26 If I run into something that I don't want bash completion on, I can
27 always disable it. The man page tells how to do that but doesn't have a
28 enable all option.
29
30 Since I have a quad core 3.2Ghz machine, I'm not to worried about
31 speed. I actually can't tell any difference, at least so far. I may
32 not do this on my old x86 rig tho. It's a single 2500+ CPU and IDE
33 drives. That may slow things down there.
34
35 Thanks for sharing tho. I'll keep that in mind when I mess with my old
36 rig.
37
38 Dale
39