From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Dovecot and authentication
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:57:42
1 On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 16:07 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:52:40 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 >
4 > > I've got a problem; My Dovecot installation uses plain text
5 > > authentication. I don't like the idea of unencrypted passwords being
6 > > sent over the Internet, so I want to switch to a different
7 > > authentication method. I'm mainly worried about my webmail client. I
8 > > configured Apache last week for SSL access to the webmail client
9 > > (Squirrelmail),
10 >
11 > Are SquirrelMail and Dovecot running on the same box? If so, the
12 > unencrypted passwords are only being used within that box, between
13 > SquirrelMail and Dovecot.
14 >
15 > > but my Windows users have been saying that they haven't
16 > > been able to access Squirrelmail since last week before I converted it
17 > > to SSL.
18 >
19 > You need to fix the SSL/Windows/SquirrelMail problem, otherwise your
20 > users will be sending plain text passwords across the Internet, no matter
21 > how SquirrelMail communicates with Dovecot.
22
23 What problem? I could connect to Squirrelmail just fine from Seamonkey in Linux. The problem is Windows. I don't do Windows.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list