From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hardened-sources reverted to 2.6.39-r8 :(
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:36:59
1 On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:09:14 +0200
2 "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > I wish people wouldn't just remove stuff without full details. If
5 > > there's an issue with that code, there should be a bug at b.g.o. and
6 > > the Changelog should mention it.
7 > >
8 > > Then folks like yourself can read it and make informed decisions.
9 > > As it stands, you have nothing but mystery. Argggg.
10 > Well deprecated version removal tends to happen because we are not
11 > going to aim for those versions stabilization AND there is a newer
12 > version available AND upstream tends to ignore bugs happening on
13 > older versions.
14 >
15 > What this means for you is that we are not going to force you to
16 > upgrade but if something fails you are in your own ;)
17 >
18 > PS: Next time come by #gentoo-hardened we won't bite you, I promise ;)
19
20 My comment wasn't really directed at -hardened specifically. I've just
21 had a belly-full lately of $STUFF being changed at $RANDOM times by arb
22 $PEOPLE, and not specifically Gentoo either.
23
24 SO I sounded off a bit and let off some steam. Sorry if it came across
25 as directed at your team, that wasn't the intent.
28 Alan McKinnnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com